December 5, 2023

Listed below are all of the match outcomes and stories from this week’s Donegal Junior League motion.

Temple Home Home equipment Division One

Gweedore United 3 v 0 Cranford United

(No Report Submitted)

Finn Journey Saturday Division Three

Bonagee United Reserves 0 v 0 Fanad United Reserves

(No Report Submitted)

Saturday 14th October 2023

Glencar Inn Saturday Division One

Arranmore United P v P Keadue Rovers Reserves

(No Report Obtainable, Match Postponed)

Cappry Rovers Reserves 1 v 3 Kildrum Tigers Reserves

(No Report Submitted)

Glencar Celtic 2 v 1 Donegal City Reserves

Glencar began the sport sturdy and took the lead by Pajo Rafferty. Donegal City got here into the sport then and began piling on the stress close to the top of the half. The second half began and Glencar doubled their lead right away when Paddy Diver received on the top of a cross from Gio Peoples. Donegal City then received one again with 10 minutes to go however couldn’t get the equaliser. Nice defending from Glencar on the finish to see out the sport.

Glenea United Reserves 1 v 2 Kilmacrennan Celtic Reserves

In wintry situations, it was the away facet that got here out in high on this tightly fought recreation. In a good begin to the primary half, either side seemed to create probabilities and it was Kilmacrennan who took the lead on quarter-hour when a cross from the correct discovered Danny Sandilands on the again put up and he knocked the ball house from shut vary. Glenea equalised a few minutes later when Patrick Doohan’s by ball launched Carragher Friel and his in the reduction of was turned house by Michael Ferry. Each side pushed for a lead objective and Kilmacrennan virtually regained the lead however Ryan McFadden noticed his header go previous the put up. The away facet regained the lead on 43 minutes when Oisin Harkin’s tried cross received caught within the wind and dropped in on the close to put up. In a good second half neither facet created any actual clear-cut probabilities.

Kilmacrennan’s finest effort was a shot from Sean Sandilands, whereas Glenea’s closest effort noticed Michael Ferry’s close-range effort saved by the visiting keeper. Crew efforts from either side. Referee: Paul Murphy.

Oldtown Celtic 5 v 2 Fintown Harps AFC

The primary quarter-hour started with Oldtown urgent for the lead however a nicely drilled Fintown defence stored them at bay. Oldtown did handle to seek out the breakthrough when Micheal Doherty completed from the sting of the world after being put by by Ciaran Gibson. Nearly instantly, they added a second. This time Kevin Mc Grath getting on the scoresheet after an Anthony Browne cutback. Mc Grath was unfortunate to not add his second however Fintown keeper Jamie O’ Donnell managed to avoid wasting from shut vary. Fintown dug deep to climate the storm and received again into the tie when Aaron Mc Glynn broke the offside lure to fit house. 2-1 on the break. With the subsequent objective being essential the 2nd half started with each groups pushing to get it. It landed Oldtown’s means when Tommy Mc Laughlin did nicely to play Anthony Browne in on the correct and he crossed for Cleary so as to add a third. A 4th quickly occurred when Cleary in the reduction of for Doherty so as to add a 2nd earlier than Doherty turned supplier crossing for Mc Grath so as to add his second and Oldtown’s fifth of the day. Fintown continued to push and received a objective again when Stephen Boyle calmly slotted house. Neither facet may add to the scoreline with the Oldtown defence standing sturdy and Fintown keeper O’ Donnell making one other two unbelievable saves to cease Cleary including to his tally. Groups performances from either side in what was an incredible recreation.

St. Catherines Reserves 2 v 2 Strand Rovers

(No Report Submitted)

Previous Orchard Saturday Division Two

Castlefin Celtic Reserves 0 v 4 Dunlewey Celtic

(No Report Submitted)

Cranford United Reserves 2 v 2 Ballybofey United Reserves

Honours even in Cranford Park, with Ballybofey snatching some extent for a well-earned outcome on the street. Ballybofey had been first to take the lead with an excellent transfer down the correct wing, however participant supervisor Paddy Mc Geever received Cranford again even shortly after by placing the keeper beneath stress and blocking a clearance which hit the again of the web. Cathair Sweeney hit a surprise strike from 35 yards to take the lead for Cranford, and labored laborious to take care of this lead till the dying minutes when Ballybofey labored the ball from the again, whipped in a beautiful cross and completed from shut vary.

Gweedore Celtic Reserves 2 v 3 Swilly Rovers Reserves

(No Report Submitted)

Milford United Reserves 4 v 0 Copany Rovers

Milford got here out on high on a blustery day in Moyle View Park with a 4-0 win over Copany Rovers. Objectives from Corey Lee Mc Conigley and Darren Mc Laughlin gave Milford a 2-0 lead at half time which was the results of a stable first half efficiency for the Milford males. Milford began off the second half in the identical vogue as the primary with one other objective from an Anthony Hegarty free kick from the sting of the field. Niall Murray made it 4-0 to seal the victory for Milford. Nice group efficiency from Milford with Corey Lee Mc Conigley, Darren Mc Laughlin and Eoin O’ Donnell having a superb recreation between them.

Ramelton Mariners 1 v 0 Drumbar United

The Mariners recorded one other win and clear sheet at house to Drumbar with a nicely fought victory over a troublesome Drumbar facet who stored preventing till the very finish. The primary half was a really cagey affair with either side squandering a number of probabilities. The Drumbar keeper gave away a penalty to Evan Hewitt late within the second half which Eoin Roulston slotted house with ease. The second half was uninteresting with the Mariners going shut just a few occasions however unable to get a second.

Finn Journey Saturday Division Three

Drumkeen United Reserves 1 v 2 Lagan Harps Reserves

Lagan Harps had been the guests to a moist St Patrick’s Park on Saturday afternoon for this Finn Journey Saturday Division 3 Match.

Drumkeen produced what was most likely their finest efficiency of the season to this point however nonetheless ended up on the shedding facet. These two groups had been evenly matched and the primary half ended scoreless and objective probabilities had been at a premium though either side may have scored. Drumkeen had the primary likelihood to interrupt the impasse when Eunan O’Boyle discovered himself one on One with Lagan keeper Kai Browne and the younger keeper did nicely to disclaim him. Lagan Harps themselves may have taken the Lead when Damien Mc Fadden headed over the bar when it seemed simpler to attain. Simply earlier than half time Mc Fadden had one other likelihood however he was denied by an incredible save from Drumkeen keeper Evan Higgins so it was scoreless on the break.

The second half was evenly balanced with few probabilities created till the final 20 minutes when the sport was gained and misplaced. Lagan Harps broke the impasse across the seventieth minute when a little bit of a mix-up within the Drumkeen defence introduced a chance to Michael Toner and he fired house. Drumkeen received again on degree phrases shortly although after they had been awarded a penalty. Emmet O’Boyle stepped up and calmly slotted the ball house. A draw was wanting just like the most probably outcome for a big a part of this recreation and this was now a chance once more with about 10 minutes left. Sadly for the house group issues went improper for them when a excessive ball into the field precipitated a little bit of uncertainty within the Drumkeen defence and Dean Murray was available to capitalise for the guests. Drumkeen keeper Evan Higgins made an excellent save from Michael Toner to maintain Drumkeen’s possibilities of getting some extent alive . Drumkeen stored urgent for the equaliser however they ran out of time and the guests went house with all three factors This recreation was performed in an incredible spirit although it was a bit chilly and moist as winter arrived in Drumkeen.

Erne Wanderers 1 v 0 Letterkenny Rovers Reserves

(No Report Submitted)

Sunday fifteenth October 2023

Brian Mc Cormick Sports activities Premier Division

Fanad United 4 v 0 Gweedore Celtic

Fanad United moved high of the Donegal League Premier Division with a snug 4-0 victory over Gweedore Celtic at Traigh-a-Loch. Performed in preferrred situations Fanad had been fast out of the blocks and took the lead after 5 minutes. Keeper Mark Mc Conigley despatched Declan Mc Garvey away down the left and his glorious cross into the field was met on the again put up by Peter Carr who fired excessive into the roof of the web. The subsequent likelihood got here within the twentieth minute when Eoin Logue confirmed good foot-work to ship Eddie O’Reilly clear nevertheless he dragged his shot extensive. Two minutes later a Declan Mc Garvey cross was met by Eddie O’Reilly however his header was deflected simply extensive. On the half hour mark Eoin Logue and Eddie O’Reilly mixed once more however the latter’s header produced a tremendous save from Gweedore keeper Joe Mc Gee. Moments earlier than half time Fanad received their second. Daibhid Lynch did nicely to create area on the left and his cross was met by Eddie O’Reilly who headed house. 5 minutes into the second half Eddie O’Reilly’s by ball was met by Daibhid Lynch who’s shot produced one other tremendous save from Joe Mc Gee. Fanad continued to press and received their third 5 minutes later. A Daibhid Lynch shot produced one other good save from Joe Mc Gee, nevertheless when the ball broke to Eoin Logue he was bundled over within the field and a penalty was awarded. Eoin Logue stepped up and slotted the ball house. On the hour mark Fanad received their 4th objective when Oisin Langan broke out from centre half, his ball was met by Paddy Mc Ginley who confirmed nice management to lob the ball over the advancing Mc Gee earlier than controlling the ball and slotting into the web. The ultimate likelihood of the sport got here within the closing minutes when Cormac Sweeney confirmed nice ability out on the wing and his harmful cross was met by Eddie O’Reilly who headed simply extensive. Referee: Dessie McLaughlin

Keadue Rovers 3 v 4 St. Catherines

St. Catherine’s went away from Central Park on Sunday with three priceless factors after a extremely eventful recreation at Central Park. The sport was performed in good, sunny situations and either side began off nicely, shifting the ball round nicely, with Keadue having the higher probabilities. The sport turned on eight minutes, when following a problem on the sting of the world, Keadue’s Brendan Mc Cafferty was despatched off. The guests made the hosts pay inside minutes when Paul O’Hare steered house from shut vary for the opener. Keadue tried to reply however had been discovering issues tough within the backline having made adjustments and after fifteen minutes St. Catherine’s made it 2-0 with Alex Mc Brearty this time slotting house. Keadue, to their credit score, got here again into the sport and had some first rate probabilities. Paul Yank Boyle headed extensive on twenty-five minutes whereas a couple of minutes later they’d a objective disallowed. Regardless of being on high for an excellent spell, Keadue fell additional behind towards the run of play when on thirty-nine minutes the objective of the sport was expertly dispatched by Ryan Cunningham. It seemed like a snug afternoon’s work for the guests however at half time, with a substitution made, Keadue got here out all weapons blazing and received a objective again inside a minute with Ryan Connors rifling house from shut vary. Ten minutes later Keadue pulled again a 2nd, when from a free kick, the ball was headed again throughout objective and Peter Mc Gee was available to make it 3-2. The house facet’s press was inflicting issues for the St. Catherine’s defence, notably beneath the excessive ball and remarkably Keadue had been degree on sixty-six minutes when, following a handball within the field, a penalty was awarded and up stepped Chris Greene to make it 3-3. The comeback appeared to be full however remarkably there was one ultimate twist to the sport within the sixty-eight minute when a defensive combine up led to a penalty being awarded and regardless of getting a hand to it in nets the away facet went 4-3 up. The ultimate twenty minutes had been hectic with Keadue pushing laborious for the leveller however St. Catherine’s got here extra into the sport as an attacking risk, creating just a few half probabilities and aided by the additional man. Regardless of Keadue’s tremendous efforts in virtually securing a tremendous comeback, St. Catherine’s held on for a 4-3 win to solidify their good begin to the season, whereas for Keadue, their inconsistent begin to the season continues. Finest for St. Catherine’s had been Ryan Cunningham and Alex Mc Brearty whereas finest for Keadue had been Michael Greene and Peter McGee. Referee : Zack Mc Loughlin.

Temple Home Home equipment Division One

Convoy Arsenal 0 v 5 Glenea United

The guests claimed all three factors towards a youthful Convoy facet when their medical ending early on proved to be the large distinction between the 2 sides. Ciaran Coll opened the scoring on ten minutes with a tremendous shot from the sting of the field following good construct up play. The identical participant was available 5 minutes later when he calmly headed house from a set piece. Convoy had an opportunity to cut back the deficit on twenty-five minutes from the penalty spot however the Glenea keeper pulled off a tremendous save. Ten minutes into the second half the end result was settled when the spectacular Coll accomplished his hat-trick from shut vary. The house facet stored urgent however couldn’t convert. Darren Mc Geever added a fourth for Glenea with 5 minutes remaining and Carragher Friel completed it off on the stroke of full time. A really youthful house facet labored laborious all through with Zack Gildea making his debut whereas Ciaran Coll was glorious for the guests. Referee: Stephen Laird.

Letterbarrow Celtic 0 v 2 Cappry Rovers

Cappry Rovers travelled to Tymeen on a lovely Autumn day with each groups trying to kick-start their season. Chucky Wilson scored a nicely labored objective for the away facet with Ronan Mc Namee taking part in by an incredible cross. Letterbarrow fought again however did not put the ball at the back of the web. The second half began equally with Letterbarrow unfortunate every so often. Ronan Mc Namee made it two for the away facet sealing all three factors.

Donegal Physiotherapy and Efficiency Centre Division Two

Ballybofey United 5 v 3 Whitestrand United

Whitestrand took the lead on 4 minutes, one thing of a shock going by the present League Standing of the edges. Would this be the day the Mc Garvey Park facet put their first factors of the season on the league desk? Ballybofey United, having gained six from six, quickly discovered their rhythm and equalised on 9 minutes when Damien Glackin reacted quickest to a free ball within the Whitestrand penalty space and tapped house to re-install parity. That was two minutes after the hitman had despatched a warning with a headed effort that simply missed the goal after he was set-up by Barrie Mc Ghee. Whitestrand continued to play nicely and twice may have regained the lead however each efforts had been extensive of the Ballybofey internet. Mark Griffin then gave the house facet the lead when he headed house Niall Mc Closkey’s help on thirty-five minutes. A Whitestrand free-kick from out close to the corner-flag then deceived the Ballybofey defence and the ball nestled behind the home-keeper to see the edges head for the interval refreshments on degree phrases. On fifty-eight minutes Oran Gallen confirmed nice management on a run by the midfield earlier than he fed Griffin who curled a beautiful effort to the web from twenty-five yards, Ballybofey forward once more. Mc Closkey then added a fourth when he linked with Aaron Mc Auley’s cross into the Whitestrand field. Glackin received his second and Ballybofey’s fifth when he completed from shut vary on seventy-nine minutes following a Griffin cross. Whitestrand confirmed nice spirit regardless of being three adrift, they received their third of the day close to the top from the penalty spot.

Drumkeen United 3 v 5 Drumoghill F.C.

The opening quarter-hour had been tight however then inside a couple of minutes Drumkeen discovered themselves two targets behind as Niall Mc Crossan and Barry Tourish scored for the guests in fast Succession. Drumkeen striker Freddie has been in good type just lately and he continued his good run as he pulled a objective again for Drumkeen. The lead was prolonged once more when Lee Smith added a 3rd for Drumoghill. The guests ended the half strongly as Liam O’ Donnell made it 4 simply earlier than the Break. The second half started badly for Drumkeen when Lee Smith received his second and a Drumoghill’s fifth objective shortly after the restart. At that stage, it seemed prefer it was recreation over for Drumkeen because it was laborious to see them coming again. In equity to the house group they stored plugging away and pulled one other objective again when the ever-impressive Freddie did the laborious work to arrange Lee Guthrie who completed nicely. The Clock was now towards Drumkeen however they did handle one other objective and it that man Freddie once more who lowered the deficit to 2 Objectives. The Clock lastly caught up with the house group although. Referee: Semi Ferry.

Dunkineely Celtic 2 v 7 Lifford Celtic

(No Report Submitted)

Kerrykeel ’71 F.C. 4 v 2 Deele Harps

Rabs Park was the venue for the go to of Deele Harps and the house facet took the factors with a stable show. It was two nil on the break with Johnny Nanny scoring twice, the second an incredible end after nice work from Jamie Mc Ateer. Geard Mc Ateer made it three with a superb free kick and Patsy Friel made it 4 shortly after with an incredible end. Deele to their credit score by no means lay down and scored two quick-fire targets within the ultimate ten minutes to make Kerrykeel sweat. Finest for Kerrykeel had been Shaun Kerr, Brandon Mc Clafferty and Johnny Nanny. Referee: Marty Mc Garrigle

Raphoe City 3 v 3 Curragh Athletic

Raphoe began the brighter on this nicely contested match nevertheless Curragh broke the impasse within the seventh minute when Raphoe had a defensive error. Curragh had been dominant for the subsequent half-hour with a number of choices going their means and so they scored once more simply earlier than halftime to make it 2-0 on the break. With adjustments made at halftime Raphoe got here out weapons blazing and younger Ryan Mc Neill made a solo run from the midway line to fit previous the advancing goalkeeper from 18 yards out. So it was recreation on Raphoe pressed laborious and it was Ryan once more who slipped Kyle Martin by on objective with a tremendous end leaving all of it degree at 2-2. With Raphoe nonetheless in celebration mode after clawing their means again into the sport one other lapse in focus let Curragh again in to take the lead 2-3. However one minute after the restart Finn Canning performed a diagonal ball throughout discipline to set Ryan Kildea by on objective however selfishly Ryan squared the ball for Kyle Martin to faucet in his second of the day. 3-3. With 10 minutes left on the clock Raphoe seemed just like the group that will take all three factors however with alternatives missed it completed in a share of the spoils.

FAI Junior Cup

Bonagee United 0 v 4 Cockhill Celtic

The guests had been one up within the first minute when Lee Mc Laughlin broke clear down the wing and his cross into the field was headed house from eight yards. Peter Doherty noticed his shot from twenty-five yards simply go over the Bonagee crossbar on 4 minutes. The house group’s first likelihood got here on six minutes when Emmett Friel broke clear however his strike from the sting of the field was turned across the put up by Harry Doherty in objective. The guests had been two up on twenty-two minutes when a cross into the field fell to the ft of Garbhan Friel and he shot house from 4 yards. Carr within the house objective made an incredible save from Luke Rodden on twenty-five minutes from a fifteen-yard strike. Rodden once more noticed his header from ten yards go over the crossbar from a Corey Mc Bride cross. It was three nil on forty-two minutes when Friel broke down the correct, he performed the ball into the field to Jamie Bradley who laid it off to Jay Bradley and his strike from fifteen yards went into the nook of the web. The second half was a lot the identical with the guests nicely on high and strikes on objective from Friel on the hour and Rodden on sixty-five nicely saved by Carr within the house objective. The ultimate objective got here on seventy-five minutes a cross into the field the ball broke to Rodden and he shot house from ten yards. Noah Barrett noticed his strike from thirty yards go over the bar on eighty-five minutes. Crew effort by either side. Referee: Vincent Mc Laughlin.

Donegal City 1 v 3 Aileach F.C.

City had been faster out of the blocks and had been one up after 4 minutes because of a Ben Sweeney strike. Aileach began the higher within the second half and had been 3-1 up from strikes by the 2 Dohertys and Mc clear. City spurned nice probabilities by Declan Duignan and Davy Graham and an incredible strike from Glenn Harron which cannoned off the bar. Two good group performances. Referee: Alastair Gourley.

Greencastle F.C. 4 v 2 Castlefin Celtic

(No Report Obtainable)

Kilmacrennan Celtic 3 v 2 Swilly Rovers

(No Report Submitted)

Letterkenny Rovers 2 v 1 Rathmullan Celtic

Rovers couldn’t have requested for a greater begin. Two targets inside the first 3 minutes. The primary from a free kick which Conor Tourish scored. The second from play noticed Zach Gorman get the ball within the field and end nicely. After that Rathmullan settled in but it surely wasn’t till the twenty sixth minute that they received their first actual likelihood and it got here from a nook which was delivered into the field ultimately discovering Conor Temple who put it within the internet. Simply earlier than the break Rathmullan got here shut following a protracted ball not being handled by the Rovers’ defence permitting a one on one with the Rovers’ keeper Blake Forkan who did nicely to come back out and shut the angle stopping the objective. 2-1 to Rovers at halftime. It wasn’t till the 61st minute earlier than the primary actual likelihood of the second half got here from a free kick for Rathmullan. Conor Temple received on it however put it over the bar. On 70 minutes a throw from Zach Gorman received to Conor Tourish who chested it down, turned and shot over the bar. Apart from that there have been only a few probabilities. It’s Rovers who advance, seeing the sport out 2-1. Referee: Marty Mc Garrigle






























Donegal League: All this weekend’s outcomes and stories was final modified: October fifteenth, 2023 by Workers Author